We follow the guidelines of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, World Health Organization, General Conference Adventist Health Ministries, National Institute for Communicable Diseases the SA Health Department and the Western Cape Government Health Department.
Friday, 20 March 2020
While many churches around the world are suspending their services, they are looking for ways to stay connected and experience worship as a community during COVID-19.
We at Bellville have rounded up some online ministry resources to help you transition to new ways while at home.
This challenge may very well be an opportunity to bring us closer to the Lord than ever before. Without assembly, we must do all that we can to care for our most vulnerable, while at the same time, preparing each other for the Lord's soon return. Stay close to God during these times. Rely on Him and encourage others. Click here for a special bulletin issued.
Thursday, 19 March 2020
Formal communication on the decisions made to suspend ALL church services, programs, and schedules activities.
Click here to view/download the PDF letter to the Bellville Church Members.
Click here to view the communication to the church members and regular guests sent via social media.
Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Attention All Members
The Church Board convened tonight to discuss and decide on the way forward wrt our Sabbath Worship Services. For the moment I wish to convey the decisions of the meeting as follows.
1) All worship gatherings are suspended until further notice. This include ALL department meetings taking place on the Sabbath or any other time. The church will be closed.
2) The leadership implore all members to continue, with even greater devotion, the worship of our Lord and Savior, in the quiet of the family environment. Utilize this as an opportunity to revitalize your relationships with your Creator and your family.
3) As the Tithes and Offerings are a fundamental part of our worship it is essential that we stay faithful in returning these material blessings to the Lord via electronic transfers, with clear indication of the specific amounts for tithe and the various offerings, including local expense offering.
In addition, the Board noted that the Camp Meeting has been cancelled.
I intend to follow up with a formal letter in the morning, explaining the decisions more fully.
I trust that all of us will respect these decisions which are in line with the position taken by the world church, as well as with our government’s strict State of Disaster Regulations.
Stay safe and may God bless and keep you under His wings in these perilous times!!
Saturday, 14 March 2020
In view of the current Coronavirus ("COVID19") situation, please be reminded that as a church, we are currently recommending the following prevention measures in order to protect the vulnerable.
Members of the church should:
* Avoid shaking hands (in all aspects) or other forms of close physical contact.
* Remain at home if you are ill.
* Come to church with a supply of tissues and use them to catch coughs, sneezes and wipe your nose.
* Regularly wash your hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds.
* In addition, parents and guardians should ensure young children are supervised at all times to monitor hand washing.
The Bellville Health Ministries have shared with us a video of the Coronavirus outbreak and how to protect yourself against this disease.
Click here to view the video.
You can also watch a Facebook live stream video here with the world church president, Pastor Ted Willson, and world church health ministries director, Dr. Peter Landless sharing the church's response to this pandemic.
Click here to watch the video.
Read the Southern Africa Union Conference's official response letter.
A live tracker of this pandemic can also be viewed here.
The South African government has issued the following Support Service for all South Africans. Help protect your loved ones, by sending the words "HI" to 0600 123 456 via WhatsApp. Alternatively, follow this link https://wa.me/27600123456?text=Hi using your mobile device.
These short videos below offer accurate information on the topics of hygiene and sanitation, disease prevention, and other helpful tips on staying healthy.
We will continue to share information and updates on this page.
Note: Texts/phrases that are underlined serve as hyperlinks.