The first Sabbath of each quarter is designated as a day of prayer and fasting for the world church. Members should focus their prayers on specific themes during the designated Prayer and Fasting Days, while also remembering to pray for other local and individual needs. Fasting can consist of eating sparingly of the simplest foods, drinking fruit juices, or abstaining from some or all forms of media (TV, radio, internet, phones, etc.). There is no merit in a prolonged fast versus a short fast, or a complete fast versus a partial fast. It’s a personal decision. Fasting helps expose those things that control us, and allows us to spend more time with God.
The Divine Service will be co-presented by the Elders and Personal Ministries Leader. They will each share specific themes/messages.
CHRIST’S MESSAGE to the REMNANT (Br. V Crouch - PM Leader)
THE EARLY RAIN (Elder E. Adams)
THE MIND of CHRIST (Elder A. Cyster)
ENOCH and JOHN the BAPTIST (Elder S. Dreyer)
The LATTER RAIN (Elder CJ Desai)
Conclusion - “DANGER AHEAD” (Elder E. Adams)
Below are the suggested themes that our local church will focus of for the prayer sessions. The entire church is kindly invited to join in United Prayer with the groups during the time slots listed below. The groups only serve as a basis. Please come and join. Nobody is excluded. Even if you are not fasting, come pray and give your support.
Praise (Approximately 5 minutes)
• Begin your prayer time by praising God for teaching us to pray more effectively.
• “Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us…” (Romans 8:26).
• Take time to praise God for who He is (His character) and for what He does.
Confession (Approximately 5 minutes)
• Confess our lack of prayer and intercession—both personally and as a people—and ask God to forgive us for failing to commune with Him in prayer and intercession. “Far be it from me that I should sin against the Lord in ceasing to pray for you” (1 Samuel 12:23).
• Ask God to show you any other sin in your life that needs to be confessed; then take time to silently listen for His answer. Ask His forgiveness and joyfully accept His mercy.
Supplication and Intercession (Approximately 15 minutes)
• Pray for God to give us the Holy Spirit to teach us how to pray like Jesus and truly intercede for others. “I will pour on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem the Spirit of grace and supplication” (Zechariah 12:10).
• Pray for a passion for prayer, a conviction of how much we need to pray, and a realization of the power available to us through prayer.
• Pray for prayer groups to spring up everywhere. Ask God how to have more prayer in your church.
• Pray that we will learn to pray for God’s guidance before making plans.
• MTTC: Church leaders working with initiatives in the 630 cities to be wise, Spirit-filled, servant leaders who seek and follow God’s plans and demonstrate successful soul-winning.
• Pray for Adventists, and all Christians, to experience true revival and reformation in their walk with God. Pray that they will be filled with the Holy Spirit, personally know Jesus through the Bible and prayer, and live holy lives. Pray this for yourself, your local church’s members and pastor, and the following groups of people: church leaders at all levels, parents, children/youth, singles, teachers, pastors, health workers, and missionaries.
• Ask God which five people to pray for during these ten and let the Holy Spirit bring people to mind. Write their names (if appropriate) and prayer needs on two index cards. Carry one with you, and put the other in the group box, to be prayed over each night.
• Pray for other requests that are on your heart.
Thanksgiving (Approximately 5 minutes)
• Rejoice that God hears and answers our prayers.
• Thank Him for answering our prayers before we can even see the results.
Group leaders have been nominated with supporting board and/church members to meet every 30min starting at 13h00 until 17h00.
13h00 – 13h30 Br. Calvin Desai (Keenan White, Alphonse Hakiza and Natallee May)
13h30 – 14h00 Br. Ernest Adams (LW Mouton, J Adams and Sune Adams)
14h00 – 14h30 Sr. Sonja Lewis (Bernice Julius, Shermon Miller and Br & Sr Nkabinde)
14h30 – 15h00 Br. Allan Cyster (Sr Lisa Smith, E Cyster and Shane Dyers)
15h00 – 15h30 Sr. Luana Desai (Robyn White, Eslynne Vogel and Velda America)
15h30 – 16h00 Br. Maanda Manyatshe (Glen Koning, Thembi Jacobs and Lisa Cyster)
16h00 – 16h30 Br. Sherwin Dreyer (Richard Havyarimana, Kyle Dyers and Mildred Afrika)
16h30 – 17h00 Br. Vernon Crouch (Charles Knowlden, Angela Knowlden and Vivian Isaacs)
Thereafter a music and witnessing program will follow until close of Sabbath.